Amazon Prime Day will see 4K TVs reach their lowest prices yet as the online retailer gears up for another day of record breaking sales.
Amazon Prime Day 2017 is almost here. After record breaking sales in 2016 it will be 25% longer in 2017, starting at 9pm EST on Monday, July 10 and running until midnight on July 11. This is the third consecutive year that Amazon are holding Prime Day and they have confirmed that their will be a big focus on TV deals again this year.
What Prime Day TV deals can we expect?
Update: Amazon have announced the first Prime Day 2017 4K TV deal. There will be at least 30% off a 43-inch 4K Ultra HD LG Smart TV.
Looking back to last year, the best Prime Day 2016 price for a 40-inch LED HDTV was $139.99.
Other highlights last year included:
- A 43-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV for $299.99
- A 32-inch 720p Roku Smart TV for $119.99.
To predict what the best TV deals will be this year, we’ve taken a look at current promotions.
- The 32-inch TCL 32S305 720p Roku Smart LED TV (2017 Model) currently sells for $169.99. This is the most popular TV on Amazon.com right now. On Prime Day 2017, the 32-inch TCL 32S305 should at least match last years $119.99 deal.
- The 40-inch and the 49-inch models from the new 2017 TCL S305 series complete the top three selling TVs. TCL is a popular brand for Amazon and we can expect to see Prime Day deals on all three of these TVs.
- The 40-inch TCL 40S305 1080p Roku Smart TV is listed for $269.99 at the time of writing. We predict that this 40-inch Smart TV will be a customer favorite TV deal on Prime Day at a discount price of $199.99.
- The 49-inch TCL 49S305 1080p Roku Smart TV is on sale for $359.99. On Prime Day 2017, we expect Amazon to offer this popular smart TV for $299.99.
Samsung 4K TV Prime Day Deals
We also expect that this year there will be more 4K TVs on sale. Last year Amazon featured two Samsung 4K TV deals on Prime Day:
- The 55-inch Samsung UN55KU6600 Curved 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart TV was available for $649.99
- The Samsung UN55KU6300 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart TV was also a Prime Day 2016 deal at $549.99.
Amazon will most likely work with Samsung to offer some great Prime Day deals on popular Samsung 4K TVs.
The new Samsung UN50MU6300 50-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2017 Model) is a candidate for a Prime Day TV deal. The 55 and 65-inch versions of the UN50MU6300 series also fit the profile.
OLED TV Prime Day Deals
We’re hoping this year to see more Prime Day TV deals on the high-end models with OLED displays. The new 55-inch LG OLED55C7P 4K HDR Smart OLED TV is already on sale at 34% off, down from $3,499 to $2,296. We predict to see similar price drops on other premium OLED screens.
Besides TV deals, Amazon Prime Day 2017 will feature deals across their entire range of product categories. Last year there were steep discounts on their own devices like the Kindle Fire tablet and Amazon Echo smart speaker. Other deals were available on video games, video game consoles, movies, cameras, apparel and more.
The Prime Day 2017 sale is only available to Amazon Prime members. However, membership is available as a free trial. Savvy consumers who are not yet a member can utilise the free trial to overlap with Prime Day 2017.
Interested to learn more about Prime Day? Take a look at this infographic.