What happened last Prime Day?
Last year over 200,000 pairs of headphones were sold during Amazon’s Prime Day sale. Overall Prime Day 2016 was the biggest sales day ever for the online retailer, with more deals advertised than Black Friday.
This year Prime Day lands on July 11. What headphone deals can we expect to see on Prime Day 2017?
We’ve taken a look at last years most popular deals to give you an idea of what to expect from this year’s Prime Day headphone sale.
Last year we saw two great Prime Day deals on Bose headphones:
The Bose SoundSport in-ear headphones were slashed in price by 50%, from $99 to $49.95. These wired headphones are popular with runners as they are known for being comfortable, secure fitting and sweat resistant. Since Prime Day 2016 the price for the SoundSport in-ear headphones has returned to $99. A new wireless version of the SoundSport in-ear headphones has also been released, selling at $149.
The Bose SoundTrue around-ear headphones also went on sale for Prime Day 2016. They were available for $99, down from a regular price of $179. These headphones go over the ear, offering excellent bass and sealed cups to keep out ambient noise. Fans of the SoundTrue also commend their comfortable, sturdy design.
Best Headphone Deals
The most popular headphone deals on last year’s Prime Day were on the following models:
- B&O BeoPlay H2 (Green) – was £169, now £79 (save 53%)
- B&O Play BeoPlay H7 (Natural) – was £330, now £209 (save 36%)
- B&O Play BeoPlay H7 (Cenere/Silver) – was £330, now £209 (save 36%)
- B&O Play BeoPlay H6 (Black leather) – was £280, now £149 (save 47%)
- RHA S500 in-ear headphones – was £30, now £20
- SoundMagic E10S – was £40, now £30
- AKG K240 Studio Professional over-ear headphones – was £82.80, now £55
- Sony MDR-EX450AP in-ear headphones – was £50, now £15
Bluetooth Wireless Headphones
On Prime Day 2016 we saw these Bluetooth wireless headphones go on sale:
- Optoma NuForce BE6I Bluetooth in-ear headphones – was £115, now £59
- Noontec Zoro II Bluetooth on-ear headphones
- AKG Y50BT (Silver) Bluetooth on-ear headphones
- AKG Y50BT (Black) Bluetooth on-ear headphones
- Creative Sound Blaster JAM Bluetooth headphones
- Jaybird X2 (Midnight) Bluetooth in-ear headphones
- Jaybird X2 (Charge) Bluetooth in-ear headphones
Prime Day 2016 saw a price drop on the Beats Studio 2.0 headphones, down from their usual price of $179. Now that they’re owned by Apple, Beats are unlikely to drop prices much on Prime Day – Apple are well known for refusing to join in the fun when it comes to big sales days like Prime Day, Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
We’ll be updating this post as Prime Day 2017 headphone deals are confirmed, so stay tuned for more.